Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cleaning My Room

Oh, where to start, where to start....

I have to say when my room is bad, it's pretty darn bad. You see, I'm not a dirty person, not at all. At school I'm very organized and you would never think that my room would be anything but. As soon as I walk in, I feel a wave of, I really need to clean this room, but I always find something else more interesting to claim my attention. I never get around  to it until my mother pulls out the empty threats. Like, I'll take away you cell phone or you can't go to the movies this weekend...but, both of us know that she will do no such thing. She can rant and rave, but I just clean my room anyways to humor her and to keep her blood pressure low.
When I do get around to starting, I have no idea how to start. So, I pull out a sheet of paper, and write down a bunch of things I know I need to do.
1. Put dirty clothes in hamper
2. Put clean clothes in closet
3. Make up Bed... and so on etc.
I usually have around 10 things on my list and by the time everything is done its about 45 minutes after I began. Well, when all things on my list are checked off I believe I'm in the clear, until I look up and realize that I am nowhere close to being done. I get overwhelmed with stress as I take deep breathes trying not to hyperventilate over the cloud that was placed over my head, pushing out the relief I felt before.
And then, I get to work again. (sigh) Speaking of which, I think I should start this awful task now.

No comments:

Post a Comment